Schmidt Presses & Others
- 2 Schmidt H-Frame Presses: For assembling, riveting, crimping, marking and more. A pressure transducer determines the force with force/stroke monitored presses.
- 26 Schmidt Pneumatic Toggle Press: This toggle press offers high force with a short stroke. For dismantling, deforming, crimping, riveting, numbering and much more.
- 2 Bench Toggle Presses: Toggle presses exert their maximum energy at the end of the stroke. They consume little energy, making them a cost-effective manufacturing solution. Toggle presses are commonly used for riveting, gluing, stamping and punching.
- Clausing Drill Press: The Clausing drill press offers variable speeds, ranging from 150 to 2000 rpm. It allows us to drill holes of any size with high precision.
- Do-All Drill Presses: The Do-All drill press lives up to its name by offering a wide range of features.
- Baltec CNC – Controlled Punch Press: Punch presses enable us to make holes with precision and efficiency.
Routers, Grinders, and Mills
- Datron CNC Router: With a 60,000 RPM, high-frequency spindle, the Dalton CNC router is capable of micro hole drilling, machining, industrial engraving and aluminum machining at high speeds.
- 2 Acra Vertical Mills: Acra is a reputable manufacturer of vertical mills and has been producing reliable machinery for more than 25 years. We use Acra vertical mills for light-duty jobs.
- Chevalier Vertical Mill: This 5-axis vertical machining center is extremely versatile. It allows us to achieve high accuracy without expending a great deal of time or energy. With a full complement of accessories, the Chevalier vertical mill enables us to complete any job, no matter how complex.
- ProtoTrak CNC Mill: Featuring a wide range of capabilities, from thread milling to bolt hole drilling, the ProtoTrak CNC Mill is a powerful tool that helps us offer versatility to our clients.
- Yang Machines Lathe: Yang Machine Tools is renowned for its high-performance CNC lathes. Our lathe offers accuracy and impressive speeds.
- 3 Boyer Schultz 6-12 Grinders: This rugged precision machine tool is a workhorse that manufacturers have depended on for decades. The spindles maintain a speed of 10,000 RPM, which helps to cut down on lead times. This grinder is highly efficient in grinding contours and die clearances.
- 2 Chevalier 6-18 Grinders: Chevalier’s high-quality grinders are capable of performing a broad spectrum of grind types, including plunge, surface, side, pitch, profile, form, index, and creepfeed. A force-flood coolant prevents workpiece distortion.
- Arex 10 Laser Marking System: We use the Arex 10 Laser Marking System for high-speed marking on plastic and metal. Because this machine is quick and efficient, it allows us to add crucial markings without adding to overall production time.
- Tiyoda Part Vacuum Degreaser: Thanks to our part vacuum degreaser, we’re able to ensure that every part we make is grease-, wax- and oil-free. It can clean just about any material and prepare the surface for secondary operation like welding.
- Do-All Band Saw and Blade Welder: For strong welds with high flexibility and tensile strength, we use the Do-All Band Saw and Blade Welder. This technology allows us to produce durable, consistent welds.
- 250 Dual Pulse Spot Welder: We are able to complete spot welds quickly and efficiently with the 250 Dual Pulse Spot Welder.
- Houdaille Precision Shear
- 2 Kaeser Screw Drive Air Compressors: These air compressors are efficient and reliable. They help us keep our energy costs down, and require little maintenance, allowing is to focus on other things.
Quality control is a key component to our success at Prototype & Short-Run Services, Inc. We use state-of-the-art video comparators for close-tolerance inspection. Our process enables us to check dimensions down to five decimal places. SPC is also available upon request.
- Deltronic Video Comparator: Our Quality Control team relies on video comparators from Deltonic to ensure that every part we produce is flawless.
- Starrett HD400 Optical Comparator: Starrett Optical Comparators feature precision optics that allow us to make thorough, non-contact inspections of your workpieces. This equipment is an essential part of our quality control process.
- Baty Gage Optical Comparator: The Baty Gage Optical Comparator also helps us maintain a high level of quality control in our facility.
- Scherr-Tumico 12″ 9700 Video CMM: This video inspection system allows our team to examine parts with absolute accuracy and ensure quality control – every time.
- Assorted Calibrated gages, blocks, micrometers, height gages: Keeping these things on hand means we always have the tools we need to make sure every part that leaves our facility is top quality.
- STI Video Comparators: This powerful inspection tool is an integral part of our quality control process.
- Keyence Imaging Machine: This tool makes it possible to perform quality control inspections instantaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
Contact Us Today
Prototype & Short-Run Services’ equipment lines and capabilities can help you bring your product to market. Contact us today for first-class metal stamping services and much more.
Contact our headquarters in Orange, California, at (714) 449-9661 or fill out our online form.