Medical Device Precision Metal Stampings & Wire EDM Manufacturing
Medical Device Precision Metal Stampings
Premium quality medical equipment can be the difference between life and death for a patient. For that reason, there’s no room for error when creating the advanced medical parts that go into these machines. We manufacture precision metal stampings and complex medical manufacturing components that match the tight tolerances and ambitious standards of quality that medical devices demand.
Wire EDM Solutions for Medical Manufacturing
Medical Machining refers to all the CNC medical device machining related to a medical component and micro medical parts. Challenges within this area of modern medicine include small-scale machining or micromachining. Efficient small-batch machining of complex parts is important because micro medical parts are developed quickly and refined through many iterations. In addition, medical device machining companies must gain FDA approval to use their machining processes.
We can produce a wide range of small metal stampings and prototypes for the medical industry with very quick turnaround times. Our talented and experienced staff have the knowledge to manufacture components that match our customers’ exact designs.
Fully Customized Advanced Medical Parts
Our precision metal stampings for the medical device industry are custom tailored to your exact design specifications. Our biomedical engineering team can create highly complex medical manufacturing parts with quick turnaround times. If you have a design that needs to be rendered into a tangible medical technology product we are fully capable of providing you with the assistance you need.
Advanced Medical Part Materials
We can produce precision metal stampings and prototypes from several metals, alloys, and specialty materials. We commonly work with materials from 0.0008” to 0.200” in thickness. We also offer a variety of secondary services to give additional value to our parts and components and to save you time and money in your production process. Some of the metals that we regularly utilize, include:
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanized Steel
- Cold Rolled Steel
Whether you need a single, simple prototype part, or tens of thousands of complex metal stampings, we can deliver the complex medical manufacturing product development that your project requires.
Criteria for Medical Technology Materials
Medical technology materials selected for use in advanced medical devices can have major ramifications throughout the product lifecycle, from design through testing, during regulatory approvals and production, and in the buildup to market adoption and even disposal. Several criteria should be taken into account when selecting materials, such as:
- Availability – Availability is an umbrella term for a host of supply chain variables: financial stability and technological capabilities of the producer and more. It is important to have a reliable product supplier.
- Design Flexibility – Materials are instrumental to the design freedoms that drive device innovation. Having the correct materials on hand allows the design process to flow more smoothly.
- Cost – Material costs are a critical aspect of any medical device. It is important to consider how each candidate material can add or reduce the unit cost of a device throughout the full lifecycle.
- Performance Properties – Performance capabilities can range from mechanical properties, such as strength, flexural modulus and high temperature resistance to chemical resistance.
- Regulatory Compliance – A manufacturing partner with a dedicated regulatory practice can help device companies identify materials that meet U.S. FDA and USP Class VI requirements, as well as those for international regulations.
- Biocompatibility – Biocompatibility is ultimately a function of a completed device, so it encompasses all its components, assembly processes and overall design.
- Manufacturing Efficiency – The manufacturing process offers significant opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains – if the right materials are chosen.
- Materials affect a medical device’s performance, appearance, cost, durability and sustainability and can significantly contribute to the speed of commercialization and market success. It is very important to choose the material that is best suited to your parts specific application.
Our components are 100% FDA approved for use in medical devices. We use only the finest grade metals in the manufacturing of all our advanced medical parts. Contact us with any questions that you may have regarding our precision medical stampings, or request a quote today.
Advanced Capabilities for the Medical Device Industry
We offer numerous types of precision metal stamping services to assist the biomedical engineering industry, these include:
Due to life and death circumstances, American Wire EDM knows that a manufactured medical component or medical part requires the highest levels of quality and accuracy. American Wire EDM, Inc. has the capabilities to meet these high standards, providing precision wire EDM machining and EDM hole drilling for a broad spectrum of medical applications. From medical components for life-saving hospital equipment and surgical tools to micro medical parts, our medical component manufacturing shop can produce the parts you need with superior precision.
Our Wire EDM Machines
We utilize state-of-the-art, CNC-operated EDM medical device machining equipment and advanced CAD/CAM programming to ensure that the finished micro medical parts you receive match your exact design specifications, no matter how complex. EDM medical manufacturing makes it possible to quickly and easily produce micro medical parts that are too small and/or intricate for traditional machining.
Additionally, EDM is better suited than traditional machining to cut miniature parts. Conventional machining necessitates that holding forces overcome cutting forces. In small-parts making, simply holding or clamping parts can damage or even destroy them while cutting pressures can bend or deflect thin sections and heat can change the material temper.
EDM machining is used to create micro medical parts for many different applications within the fields of modern medicine. Whether it be medicine, dentistry or optometry EDM medical device machining creates intricate parts with complex shapes and high degrees of accuracy. Some of the medical applications for EDM machined parts include:
- Surgical & dental hand tools
- Clips & staples
- Insertion & spreading devices
How We Work
Our EDM services are highly versatile, allowing us to provide the perfect process for the project at hand. We can work directly with your electronic design files and offer engineering assistance to help you refine your designs for better fit, form, and function, as well as for faster, more economical production.